Friday, January 20, 2012

Body by Vi

Have you ever had a protein shake?  I remember the first time that I had a protein shake I was shocked at the gritty taste.  My trainer wanted me to drink these shakes and I wanted to but no matter what kind of milk, fruit, yogurt that I used to make the shakes, they still tasted horrible.
A few months ago I was introduced to a new shake from ViSalus Sciences called Body by Vi.  A friend of mine sent me a sample and it actually tasted good.  I really didn't give it too much thought, though, and went on with my workouts.  Right before Christmas, though, another friend of mine mentioned that she had started taking these shakes and how much better she felt when she drank them.  Like most people, I was struggling with the hectic holiday season, winter and cold weather fastly approaching, and I was just generally feeling blah so I thought why not?  I'll give it a try.

I still wasn't "sold" on this product until I saw just how much nutritional value was in each shake.  I have never been one to be able to take vitamins (they REALLY upset my stomach) and I was intrigued by all of the vitamins, minerals, and protein that was in each shake.
Vitamin E (30%)=1.5 cups Chopped Broccoli 
Vitamin D (30%) & Protein (50g)=13 Whole Eggs
Vitamin A (30%)=5 Medium Peaches
Vitamin B12 (30%)=2.5 Chicken Breasts
Calcium (Shake mix w/o milk) (30%)=1.5 cups Frozen Yogurt
 Magnesium (30%)=1.5 cups Bran Flakes
Vitamin B6 18 oz. Tomato Juice
Folic Acid 1.5 cups Shredded Romaine Lettuce
Zinc 5 oz. Cheddar Cheese
Niacin 3 cups Cooked Lima Beans
Pantothenic Acid 15 Slices Whole Wheat Bread
Riboflavin 20 Spears of Asparagus
Selenium 1 cup Brown Rice
Copper 2 cups Sliced Mushrooms
Chromium 30 Apples
Manganese 5 cups Chopped Celery (~10 stalks/whole)
Molybdenum 3.5 Medium Tomatoes
Digestive Enzymes 3 Pineapples
Fiber 30 Prunes


Protein shakes, really any supplement, can be expensive which is another reason why I have been taking this product.  Body by Vi offers a referral program.  If you refer 3 people who take the challenge, then you receive yours free (which is always a good thing).

Other great things about these shakes:
-30 Day Money Back Guarantee
-On the Glycemic index
-Less than 1gram of sugar
-Only 90 calories when made with skim milk
-Only 7g of Carbs
-5g of dietary fiber

I could go on and on about the various health benefits:  weight loss (sometimes MAJOR weight loss), lowering of sugar levels (some Type II diabetics have even been able to level out their sugar so they don't have to take insulin), lower cholesterol levels, etc. etc

The most important thing to me is they taste good, I feel great, and I can get them for free!

If you want to find out more, go to this link and watch the 4 videos.  If you are interested, click "Join the Challenge".

If you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer them.


2 comments:

  1. I love protein shakes. I've always had to drink them since I don't eat meat.

    I just started something similar... But it's through Advocare doing the 24 Day Challenge. The first 10 days is a herbal cleanse and then the two weeks after the cleanse is doing the shakes.

    I bet you feel so much better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won some body by Vi a couple months ago. I love it! I would recommend it. Nutritional and tastes great!

    ReplyDelete