Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Meeting Mrs. Saeger

Yesterday afternoon Kanin and I went up to his school to drop off supplies and to let me meet his teacher, Mrs. Saeger. 

The first thing I said when we walked into his room is,
"Wow, Kanin, you are in a Big Boy room now!" 

In kindergarten and 1st grade there were 3 or 4 long tables with 6 kids sitting at a table.  The first thing I noticed in the 2nd grade room is that every student had their own desk.  

You can see the desks in the background.  Each child has their own desk but they are still pushed together into smaller groups.  

Another thing that stood out to me is that the decor (bulletin boards, centers, etc) are much more mature than even 1st grade.  There are less cartoony type characters on the wall.

Here Kanin is with Mrs. Saeger.  She seemed really nice, open, and had a very outgoing personality.  I think they are going to get along great!

School starts tomorrow.  I'm sure I will be a wreck all day but I think that after our visit yesterday that he is excited.  We saw several of his friends from kindergarten and 1st grade delivering their supplies to their new 2nd grade rooms and he told me that he couldn't wait to see all of his friends again.

1 comment:

  1. Another two weeks until my girls start. I'm sure it will take some getting used to with them not being around the house!

    ReplyDelete