Friday, July 1, 2011

My Gracie Girl

When I was pregnant and after we decided that we would name our baby Gracie, I heard this song by Ben Folds and played it for Scott.  It has become a special song for us and one day I'm sure Scott will be dancing with Gracie to it at her wedding.  

There are not enough adjectives to describe GracieAnn.  Her mood can change in a split second from sweet to sassy.  She has a quick sense of humor, a mean streak, and a smile to melt your heart.   
You can't fool me, I saw you when you came out.
You got your momma's taste but you got my mouth.
you will always have a part of me,
Nobody else is ever going to see Gracie girl .

Minutes after GracieAnn Elaine was born.

Kanin meeting his sister for the first time.
In her take home dress.


With your cards to your chest walking on your toes.
What you got in the box only Gracie knows.
And I would never make you try to be
Anything you didn't really want to be
Gracie Girl

1st Halloween


1st Christmas
Meeting the Blues
1st Cardinal game

Life flies by in seconds
You're not a baby Gracie, you're my friend.
You'll be a lady soon but until then
You gotta do what I say.

1st Birthday
2nd Easter
Becoming a Big Sister
2nd Birthday

You nodded off in my arms watching TV
I won't move you an inch even though my arm's asleep.

2nd Halloween
3rd Birthday

One day you're gonna want to go
I hope we taught you everything you need to know
Gracie girl.

Princess Makeover

Disney World '10

And there will always be a part of me
Nobody else is ever gonna see but you and me

My little girl.

My Gracie girl

 
4th Christmas
1st Zoo Trip of 2011

Last week at Purina Farms.

Happy 4th Birthday to my little BFF, my Mini-Me!  You make life more fun each and everyday and I can't wait to see what you become.  I love you more than words could ever say.




4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Gracie!! Such a pretty girl and a pretty song!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet post for such a precious and sweet baby girl :)

    She's adorable and those eyes?? Ahhh, gorgeous!

    Such memorable moments and LOVE the hospital pics...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet!!!! love this post!!! She is too adorable! See ya tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, what a doll! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete