Saturday, April 9, 2011

What A Day

This morning started out as a beautiful day.  It stormed really badly last night but stopped about 6:30am and the sun has been shining ever since. 

I hopped up out of bed and made breakfast for everyone:  turkey bacon, eggs, and toast.

The kids went off to play and I started in on organizing my coupons (a different post on this later).  While sitting at the kitchen table trying to figure out the best way to do the coupons, I looked over and saw Caleb trying to get the laptop.  I swear this kid is obsessed with computers, laptops, and anything he is NOT supposed to have.  As I ran to grab the laptop, it fell and now I have a busted screen.


For those of you who don't remember, this is the laptop that I just got from Scott (his old one).  My other laptop looked like this because of Mr. Naughty Pants.

Well, what's done is done and there is no way that I am getting a new laptop right now so I will just have to work with it.
After the computer fiasco, I decided to go for a run.  As I said, it is a gorgeous day and I couldn't wait to get out there.  A couple of days ago I ran 3.6 miles so I decided to go for 4 miles today.  I got all ready with my iPod and a bottle of water and took off. 

Well . . .

I didn't take into account that today is supposed to be the hottest day of the year to date.  I was dying.  The last 1/4 miles to 1/2 mile I thought I was going to pass out from heat exhaustion.  I wore a hat because the sun was so bright and I didn't have any dark sunglasses but the hat just made me hotter.  I burst into the house and grabbed a glass of water, walked out on the deck and poured it over my head.  I swear it took me a good hour to cool down.
Meanwhile, Scott is trying to get me to come in from the deck to look at Caleb.  Guess his mischieviousness caught up with him (he was a bad boy while I was gone) and he just wore himself out.



All of this followed by grocery shopping (ugh) and I had to go to 2 stores.  I HATE that.  Got home to make some guacamole and the avacados were so hard that I couldn't even cut them open.  Hopped back in the car to the veggie stand up the road and they had some good ones.
Finally, I am sitting down and relaxing.  We are having some friends over tonight for tacos and hopefully we will sit outside and enjoy the nice weather.
Hope you are having great weather wherever you and you are enjoying the weekend!


4 comments:

  1. I had read your post about Caleb and the laptop keys, so when he was at my house, I opened my computer and his head immediately turned and he headed straight for it!! I got it closed just in time...little stinker...lol! Hope you get some nice relaxing evening time tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who's son picked all the keys slowly off the keyboard kind of like your picture. Thank God my kids don't do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's nothing sweeter than a tired little man sleeping :) PRECIOUS. Oh and your poor keyboard, hope my boys don't figure that out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend who's son picked all the keys slowly off the keyboard kind of like your picture. Thank God my kids don't do that!

    ReplyDelete