Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pray for Missouri!

Friends~Missouri needs your prayers.

It has been raining consistently for at least 4 or 5 days a week for at least 3 weeks.  We have had severe storms and tornados.  Friday night there were several tornadoes that ripped through St. Louis.  One of these tornadoes was an EF4 and destroyed several homes, blew out the windows of the airport and actually moved planes on the tarmac.  By the grace of God, no one was killed in the entire city and there were just minor injuries.

We had to drive downtown on Sunday evening and I grabbed my camera at the last minute, here are some pics that I took while driving down the interstate.












The airport windows were boarded up.






While we haven't had any severe storms since Friday night, the rain has been a constant.  There are Flash Flood warning everywhere and now the levee has broken in Poplar Bluff, MO, (about 150 miles from St. Louis) and the town is being evacuated.  I just read a FB status from a friend who lives in my hometown, Bell City, MO, and she said that the levee outside of town has broken and that the river is 80 foot wide already and they will soon start evacuating, too.

We need your prayers, please!

To donate to help the victims of the tornado and floods, go to the American Red Cross.

Sippy Cup Mom

5 comments:

  1. I agree! It is HORRIBLE down here. Please pray for sunshine!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am praying, so many around me are devastaed and in a state of shock. We definitely need help. Let's pray as FEMA comes around today they will assess the damage and grant us the help our city so desperately needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. April, my inlaws live in Harmann Estates the subdivsion shown in your pictures. The damage is just unreal. Luckily they only have roof and exterior cosmetic damage. Seeing the destruction first hand ealking around there Sunday I was just in awe that no one was hurt...by the grace of God exactly! Homes around them were leveled and the people walked out alive. Truly a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Television and even my pictures do not do it justice. The devastation is just overwhelming when you see it in person. It literally takes your breath away. God's hands were definitely wrapped around St. Louis on Friday night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be praying for them. I know how bad it can be. I live in Indiana and we get our fair share of bad weather, especially in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete