Thursday, March 24, 2011

What I'm Packing for Vegas

If you haven't noticed, Hottie Scottie and I love Vegas.  The first few times we went I packed so many clothes.  I mean so many clothes that it looked like I was moving there.  Over the trips, though, I've learned how to consolidate outfits and re-use.  My goal for this trip was to just take a carry-on but with all of the airline rules for hair care/make-up products we will have to check a bag.

Anyway, I should say that when we go to Vegas we do not go clubbing.  As a matter of fact, I have not been to one single club while in Vegas.  Sure, there are a couple that I'd like to go to just to say that I've been but I have no desire to pay a ridiculous cover charge, wait out in a huge line to be picked to come in, and then pay upwards of $10 for a drink.  It's just not my thing.  In my younger days you can bet that I would have been all over it.  LOL

Having said that, none of the clothes I'm taking are over-the-top or club-worthy.

We have got our trips down to a science.  We get in early Friday afternoon and fly out late Sunday night.  So I need 4 to 5 outfits in that time period.


Clearly, I still need iron.



I am also taking a pair of jeans "just-in-case".  I figure anything that I need and I don't have then that will just give me an excuse to go shopping.  Woohoo!

I always try to carry larger purses so that I can bring along an extra pair of shoes.  My friend, Janice, thinks that is hilarious but if you have ever walked the Las Vegas Strip in 3 1/2 inch heels then you understand the need for a spare pair.

I know a few people have commented on how often we go out to Vegas, look for a post on "How to stay in Vegas for free" very soon.

7 comments:

  1. April.... I hope the have the best time! You will definitely look cute! I bought those gold flip flops from Old Navy in black.. Can't wait to wear them!

    PS- When it warms up again in a few weeks, we'll have to meet at the zoo with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! You will be styling. I am jealous, have a good trip. And win something for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I will take lots of pics. No diet this weekend-woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfits!! Vegas is fun!! I always over pack too!! You gave me a wonderful idea for our next vacation, bring less, so my husband will have to let me go shopping ;-)
    Have a safe trip and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a fabulous time in Las Vegas! Love all your outfits! I also used to pack everything in my closet, but now I only take what I really need! We are missing eachother in LV by 3 days! I'll be there on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how FUN! have a great time and I LOVE that teal outfit with the gold sandals :) TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All super cute outfits!! I hope you guys have a great time and win big!! Look forward to seeing some pictures when you get back!!

    ReplyDelete