Friday, January 28, 2011

I'm Not Ready For This

Yesterday I talked about how much advice you get when you are pregnant or when you are a new mom.  The absolute best advice I ever got came from my mom . . . doesn't it usually?  Anyway, she told me that above all else, I need to make sure to put him (Kanin) on a schedule and stick to it.

She was so right!  I put Kanin and then GracieAnn and Caleb on a schedule and it made my life so much easier.  I put them down for a nap at the same time each day, fed them on a strict schedule (according to their age), and put them to bed each night at the same time.  This eliminated so much of that guessing-game that moms have to play when wondering why their baby is crying.

Ever since Caleb kicked the bottle, this has been his schedule:
Wake up 7:30-8:00
Eat breakfast
Play
Nap 9:30-11:00
Eat lunch
Play
Nap 1:00-3:00
Play
Eat Dinner
Catnap 5:30-6:30
Play
Bath
Bed around 8:30-9:00

The nighttime routine may change a bit from time-to-time due to family activities but the daytime routine has always been the same.

Until . . .

this past week when he has not been taking a morning nap.  He will lay in the "pen" for a while but then he always pops up and starts talking, playing, dancing, and singing.  Yesterday he resorted to this:


I think he may be trying to tell me that he is "over" the morning nap.  Ugh!  I need that morning nap.  That is the time that I drink my coffee, check my email, look on FB, and blog.  I'm Not Ready For This!








Don't forget my Giveaway.  Drawing on Monday, January 31st!  Recipes/Menu Plans/Shopping Lists emailed to you from a Registered Dietician for 2 Months!!

1 comment:

  1. I am going through the same thing! I think Mia is switching to one nap and I'm freaking out. I will have no down time anymore!!

    ReplyDelete