Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Truly Thankful

On the eve of this Thanksgiving I am all of a sudden overwhelmed with a sense of thankfulness.  If you read my post from yesterday, you know that I had a stressful day.  After my project was finished, I plopped down on my couch to relax a bit and my sweet baby Caleb climbed up on lap.  He sat there for quite a few minutes and just let me soak him up.  Sitting there in the quietness and peacefulness of the moment, a Bible verse came to my mind.  It was 1Thessalonians 5:18 came, "In all things give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."  After my long, hard day, I was still to give thanks.

On a "whim" I put this out as my FB status. 

Today I received a FB message from my very best church camp friend.  She told me how much she appreciated me posting that Bible verse because she really needed to hear it.  She and her husband just found out that he is going to be deployed for a year in February . . . he just got home in August.  They have two little boys.  I'm not quite sure of the ages but I would say around 3 and 1.  This will be his 6th deployment.

My heart just broke for her.  I cannot imagine what she must be going through.  It would be bad enough to go through one deployment but SIX?  It is almost more than a person can handle.

Reading her story has really made me stop and think of everything that I have to be thankful for.  I know that no day is promised to any of us but I think the knowing that your loved one is for sure going to be gone on a certain date would make it that much harder.

If you have the time and think about it, please send up a prayer for my friend, Jacquie.

No comments:

Post a Comment