Friday, June 11, 2010

Rant and Rave Friday

RANTS

I'd like to take a minute to thank Bank of America for shutting down our debit cards while we were in Vegas this past weekend.  This was especially appreciated after Scott took the time to call them while heading out on Thursday evening and they assured him that the account was noted and that there would be no blocking of the cards.  Of course, early Saturday morning we receive a text saying that we have no access to money because they were afraid someone had stolen our cards because there were transactions from Las Vegas.  Mind you, they did nothing about stopping any accounts when $1500 was taken from our account generating from the UK!  Thanks a lot BofA.


Tracia Johnson deserves received 250 hours of community service, a $1,000 fine and 1 year probation for tying an electric cord around her dog's neck and throwing the dog in a dumpster.  What a horrible, inhumane person.  If she didn't want the dog any longer, why not take it to a shelter.  I hope to God that no one ever allows her to watch their children.

This morning 16-year-old Abby Sunderland was rescued from her attempted solo mission to sail around the world.  What I find ridiculous is that her parents supported her in this endeavor.  I admire her determination, drive, ambition and confidence and if she were of legal age I probably would be more supportive but I cannot imagine allowing my 16-year-old child to be out in the middle of the ocean by themselves on a sailboat.  I would never forgive myself if something deadly were to happen.  Guess I'm just not a "cool" parent.


RAVES

The Hoffbrauhaus in Las Vegas provided a night's worth of entertainment.  I have not had that much fun in a long, long time.  The food was great, the music was great, the people were great, the beer was great.  It was awesome!

The 2010 World Cup started today in South Africa.  I typically do not care about soccer and I don't think I have ever watched one game of the World Cup but this year Kanin is really excited to see it and I guess I have caught his spirit.  Go USA!

In one of the more classier moves that the St. Louis Rams have made lately, they signed Isaac Bruce for 2 days so that he could come back to St. Louis to retire.  Bruce's retirement speech was heartfelt and emotional and it was really great to watch.  He spoke of his passion for the game, love for God and committment to the St. Louis Rams organization.  They will officially retire his number on October 31 at that game.  I will certainly be there to watch it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment