Tuesday, June 15, 2010

PROJECT: CLEAN HOUSE Cleaning Schedule

I have been on a mission for a while to get and keep my house clean.  I have certain tasks that I do every single day when I wake up:
 1. Start coffee
 2. Empty dishwasher
 3. Fill dishwasher
 4. Empty/Change/Begin laundry

I mean I do those four things every single day.  After that stuff, though, I usually spend the rest of my day running and chasing after kids, making and cleaning up kid meals, getting kids to take a nap and more laundry.  The bottom line is what I've been doing is NOT working.  My house is still constantly cluttered and it drives me crazy.

I decided today that I would look up house cleaning schedules on-line to kind of get a idea how to juggle everything.  I know that this sounds ridiculous, even to me.  When I think about the fact that I am here all day long and yet my house is still a wreck, I just don't know how that can be possible but did I mention that I run after kids all day?

Over the past few months my mom (check out her stories, they are really good) has helped me by coming over and doing the big cleaning like the toilets, bathtubs, dusting, etc. and then I have just tried to maintain the hard work that she has put into it.  I usually keep it pretty clean for about 3-4 days and then it will slowly get cluttered again.  Recently, though, my mom has been working a lot at her job and she just hasn't had the time or energy to come clean over here. 

So, today I decided that I have got to take matters into my own hands. 

Here are the first papers that I found:

I then added some of my own notes.

Finally, I came up with my own list.  Here is what it reads:

Everyday
Dishes, Make Bed, Pick Up, Laundry

Monday
Vacuum downstairs
Mop all floors

Tuesday
Wash sheets
Wipe down all counters

Wednesday
Scrub bathrooms
Wipe down all cabinets

Thursday
Wash windows
Clean microwave

Friday
Dust
Vacuum upstairs

1st of the month
Clean out refrigerator
Clean baseboards downstairs
Cobwebs downstairs

15th of the month
Clean oven
Clean baseboards upstairs
Cobwebs downstairs





I'm not saying that this is the perfect solution but I feel that maybe it will make it not so overwhelming.  As it is, I look around and see the mess and I look at everything that I do on a day-to-day basis and it just feels like I'm getting nothing done.

Please pray that this helps!  I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea...lists help me...if it is "posted" on paper somewhere, it will have a better chance of getting done!!! I'm gonna try your list for my house too, I'd like to incorporate some tiny jobs for the kiddos too!!

    ReplyDelete