Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

So today was the big day. The day that we finally got to go see the jolly old man. I was torn on what to have the kids wear. I could put them in their Christmas outfits but that would be way too easy so I ordered them matching Christmas pj's about a month ago. Since Caleb has turned into a chunky monkey with all of the rice he has been eating, this will probably be one of the last times he wears his 3-6 month outfit. We've graduated to 6-9 months, I think.

Anyway, of course, the day couldn't start off easy. Gracie decided that it would be fun to take her sippie cup and push the nipple part against her head which, in turn, left her with a head ful of milk. So I had to give her a bath and wash her hair. While I was at it I gave Caleb one, too, since he always has that smell of dried puke and formula underneath his double chin.

For some reason, Kanin wasn't really excited about seeing Santa this year. When I picked him up from school I told him that we were probably going to go take our Santa picture and he just kept saying that he didn't want to. I really, really hope that some little brat hasn't told him the truth about Santa already. He is only in kindergarten and I'm hoping that I get a couple more years out of him. He didn't make a big deal about wearing the pj's, though, not even out in public. I took care of that last week when I bought him a case of rootbeer at Costco. I'm usually not one to go with bribery but I really wanted these pictures with all 3 kids.

Gracie was not a fan of Santa Claus last year. Last year our Santa picture looked like this:



So I was anxious to see how she would react this year. This morning when I told her that we were going to see Santa, she was really excited. That is all she talked about all day. That could mean a couple of things: either she wouldn't be afraid at all and was really excited or it could have been a sign that she had no idea what I was talking about.

We waited for Scott to get home from work because #1 I didn't want him to miss it and #2 there was no way that I was going to try to do it by myself. We got there fairly early and I was happy because I hate waiting in lines, especially with kids.




Seeing Santa for the first time while in line.


















Kanin was an old pro at this game and walked right up. Gracie was a little bit more hesitant.















I think having Caleb there made Gracie want to take on the big sister role.




















The final result! Baby Caleb's 1st Christmas and Gracie not crying.

2 comments:

  1. I just love this picture! Those pj's are so cute! That Santa sure looks authentic, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was really nice and actually spent time talking to them. The Christmas pj's were kind of an after-thought and I got them at Children's Place online for like $10 each. They actually sent me 2 of Caleb's and I have no idea what I will do with a second 3-6 month pair. Maybe sell on ebay?

    ReplyDelete